A Publisher's Guide

A Publisher's Guide
Publishing

Thursday, July 27, 2017

More Googie Architecture

You might have notice that I have spoken about this before? Remember my blog post on October 16, 2012?

Blogging about it again tells you I really like this style of architecture.

One of my favorite forms of modern architecture, according to Wikipedia, is the  "subdivision of futurist architecture influenced by car culture, jets, the Space Age, and the Atomic Age." This is known as Googie architecture.

Per Wikipedia, "the term 'Googie' comes from a now defunct cafe in West Hollywood designed by John Lautner."

Wikipedia goes on to explain that Googie architecture is "similar to Populuxe or Doo Wop architectural styles."

For me, I can sum it up as cool space age.

Review Googie photos at Pinterest.

This article, A guide to Googie architecture in Los Angeles, contains several nice photos.

Below is one of my favorite Googie photos.

The Theme Building, Los Angeles Airport, with architect Paul Williams




No comments: